X9 Owners & Riders Club
June 28, 2022, 04:04:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First ride out after isolation  (Read 8840 times)
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Stunt Rider

Ural cT sidecar outfit

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2021, 19:26:50 »

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
BobbyW
Full Cat A

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2021, 16:26:28 »

The day of the test arrived.
Covered in cobwebs, leaves and green stuff, we slowly covered the 11 miles to the test station rocking the bars in an attempt to loosen up the stiff headstock.
Sitting in the waiting area looking at the price tag (or barcodes) on the new Lexmoto 125 machines for sale, I watched the cctv as the test was carried out.
The tester came in with a pass for me and listed advisories. Funny thing, there were less than last year and I never put a spanner near it, I guess the green fungus must have sealed the misty forks. Just leaves one misty rear shock, a close to the limit rear tyre and of course the headstock.

Meanwhile, (after searching on here) I decided to bite the bullet and order new 400mm YSS Twinshocks from moorespeed.racing dorset and a Pirelli tyre.
If nothing else they can sit with the replacement front forks and join the list of jobs to do.

I'm now on the lookout for a "round tuit" (£2.99 on ebay.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 22:52:58 by BobbyW » Logged

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
Current ride 02 X9 250SL previously 1988 BMW K100rs
Solo
X9 Photographer
Stunt Rider

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2021, 23:17:02 »

These X9s are getting hard to come to buy in good nick, At least you still got yours, iv not ridden me in almost 2 years, but it will stay at the back of my garage for another 10 years, Just so in 10 years when someone goes.....''what is an X9''?

(5X) Piaggio X9 125 (1x) Piaggio X8 125 (1X) Aprilia Atlantic 125 (1x) Gilera Runner (5x) Pioneer Nevada 125 (1X) Shineray 125 (1X) siamoto 125 (1x) Piaggio Zip **Biking since 2005**

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/SOLO.Biker.Leeds
Photography: https://www.flickr.com/photos/solo-photography/
BobbyW
Full Cat A

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2022, 13:08:19 »

I've had a blitz on the old girl.
Everything back together and time to test. Starting resulted in a smoke screen as the rear brake pipe burst over the exhaust.
Oh deep joy trying to get the old pipe out and a replacement in, but I managed it.
It seemed a lifetime before I finally got action from the lever but I hung in pumping away.
Buttoned everything up again and off we go...No speedo, temp, rev counter. left rear indicator or light. bugger!
I'd put the digi dash connectors in but the single one had slipped down out of sight I'd connected an unused lead.
Putting the original back all is well, with a bit of wire soldering and new bulbs I was illuminated.
Other than the fact my hip won't allow me to get a leg down at a stop preventing me from riding it safely, all that is left to do is fit a replacement lock on the top box and sort the fuel gauge.
Then like Solo's. it can sit in the newly erected shed for 10 years

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
Current ride 02 X9 250SL previously 1988 BMW K100rs
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: