X9 Owners & Riders Club
April 23, 2019, 14:31:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booking is in progress for the 2019 Annual Bash nr Telford 17-19 May. http://x9ownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=26304.msg287831#new

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immobilser LED flashing after battery reconnected  (Read 861 times)
Mr Nozzle
CBT

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 13:38:50 »

10 day update. No more issues with the LED. Starts each time now on the first try. The past few days when starting though, first thing in the morning, I get a message come up on the display saying "LOW". I have the display set to show battery volts so I suspect it is the battery that's on its way out. I've purchased a new one and will be fitting next week.
Mr.Chips
Administrator
Stunt Rider

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 13:41:32 »

Mike.
2013 Honda Silverwing 600: 'The Crowman' - Pure Black, ABS, Givi Airflow Screen, Top-Box and Universal Handlebar Muffs.
When did you last read the Highway Code?
Now part of the SW England (Salisbury) Chapter.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoPlwPUYWaw&feature=channel
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

Ural cT sidecar outfit

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 17:57:39 »

X10 battery can go down quickly if you're not careful. Handbook says put a charger on at least once a month if not using the bike. I found once a month was a bit too uncomfortably borderline, so I opted for every two weeks instead. Handbook also says charger must not exceed 14.5V and do not leave on for longer than 5 hours. I used to have mine on a timer, in case I forgot to go disconnect it in time. But not necessarily for the full 5 hours, just whatever was necessary. Incidentally I still use this regime for the Ural, or whatever else.

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Mr Nozzle
CBT

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 19:45:40 »

Thanks for the info. I'll be using pretty much daily to be honest. Maybe the odd week here and there where it won't be used. I did contemplate wiring in two extension terminals to a block and keeping under the seat for such periods. Another project added to the list!
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

Ural cT sidecar outfit

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2019, 17:15:43 »

In its favour, forgot to mention, the X10 charges at idle. Handbook actually says, if not using, once a month start it up and let it idle for 15 minutes. I used to do that, then over a longer period I found the starter could be taking more out the battery than was going back in, duing 15 minutes, expecially if recalcitrant to start in cold weather. Hence I followed that with a quick charger session after.

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: