X9 Owners & Riders Club
April 19, 2024, 06:28:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with immobiliser. Or with something else.  (Read 35822 times)
Mr.Chips
Administrator
Old Timer

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2018, 21:06:57 »

Manuals are in the section labelled:

X9 Owners & Riders Club > "How To" Guides and Manuals > Owners Handbooks and Workshop Manuals

Mike.
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU GT - HAL
When did you last read the Highway Code?
Now part of the NE England Chapter.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
LauriHaapala

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2018, 06:17:58 »

Something to update: 3 A fuse base was corroded and when I connected jump wire to bianco-rosso current came to the decoder and the ECU. But dash was still mute. Its permanent feed comes via rosso-nero, same lead goes to intercom as well. And that wre has different fuse, 7,5 A in rear fuse box. Corroded also, so I connected another jump wire to rosso-nero (to pin 29 in dash, I'll check that later) and then I grounded the led wire from decoder connector. LED started to work, now by using its own wiring.

But it remained black when I connected the decoder connector back.

First of all, we are buing another wiring harness because original is so corroded and unsecure that it needs to be replaced. And I'm trying to convince the owner that most likely we need new lock set, decoder and ECU.
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Old Timer

Fylde Coast

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2018, 06:37:29 »

You can replace just the decoder but it has to be with a brand new one and using the bikes original master key you can program it to recognise the normal key just as if it was a new bike. You cannot use any second hand items except the pickup aerial, unless you can source a complete set of ECU, decoder and master key from the same donor bike.
Corrosion of the third fuse box is common on any Piaggio that has not had the wiring greased from an early age.
If you replace the loom it will need to be from an Evo not an SL so 2004 to 2008 as the SL is different having a headlight switch and different relays and diode pack, although you could cut and splice the fuse box tails from an SL into the bikes loom.

2004 X9 500 Evo in YELLOW - 2016 Maxsym 600i Sport
Anderton 2004, Pen-y-cae 2005, Matlock 2006, Hay on Wye 2007, Minehead 2008, St Florence 2010, Newent 2011, North Kyme 2012, Betsw-y-coed 2013, Hardraw 2014, Parkend 2015, Whitby 2016, Mundesley 2017, Derby 2018, Telford 2019, Loch Doon 2020, Cumbria 2021.
LauriHaapala

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2018, 08:01:58 »

If you replace the loom it will need to be from an Evo not an SL so 2004 to 2008 as the SL is different having a headlight switch and different relays and diode pack, although you could cut and splice the fuse box tails from an SL into the bikes loom.

???... This is 2002 SL.
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Old Timer

Fylde Coast

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2018, 18:51:43 »

Ah yes it changed halfway through the topic from 2005 Evo to 2002 SL.
That makes it easier as SL looms are more common. In this case an Evo loom is no good.

Anderton 2004, Pen-y-cae 2005, Matlock 2006, Hay on Wye 2007, Minehead 2008, St Florence 2010, Newent 2011, North Kyme 2012, Betsw-y-coed 2013, Hardraw 2014, Parkend 2015, Whitby 2016, Mundesley 2017, Derby 2018, Telford 2019, Loch Doon 2020, Cumbria 2021.
LauriHaapala

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2018, 17:33:09 »

Things got better today, we had time for the patient and I managed to find out that decoder don't get electricity when ignition is off. There were mass of electrical faults, non-connecting connectors etc and one jammed relay. Relays are new now, "new" loom is installed (it has almost as much trouble than the original loom), electricity comes now to instrument panel, led GND goes now all the way to decoder, used but working decoder, ECU and key are now installed. They should be matching trio.

And the led was dead.

I found out that decoder doesn't get any voltage when ignition is off so there's no current in bianco-rosso in decoder connector, even with new loom.

Diodes are ok.

I connected decoder "ign-off" feed with jump wire and led became live, first time in 18 months!

That fun lasted for 5 seconds and then the whole system died, there's no current in any leads and in any fuses. Main fuse, that 30 A one next to the starter relay seems to be ok.

Gav
Cafe Racer

Suffolk

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2018, 04:28:08 »

Fortunatel my Ape Atlantic had the imobiliser bypassed, unlike my Kangoroo Van which as I have loads of blipper batteries, after a trip to the Isle of Man with bike aboard the remote packed up, as did the crankshaft return sensor back from the ECU to imobilser, causing it to cut out and complicate things, but no problems since.
However misguidedly, took the fob apart and unlike two Mondeos I had back to back over 2 decades, when Ford wanted £130 each side for door lock solenoids I just used it as a key in lock for the central locking as on the second one too, as it developed the same problem, literally apart from Alternator battery on first, didnt charge me for the HD Battery as I kicked up about the exchange alto, the only ever problem on either.
forgetting there is a switch inside one presses to activate the central locking on the Reggie, finished up costing me a replacement ECU +magnetic ignition switch, £28 became £78 as I didnt realise on Fleebay, it didnt say sourced from Rumania,but then I just bought a new Mikuni carb for my Enfield Bullet £26 P&P inclusive/ from Mombay, 4 weeks for delivery but wasnt isnt urgent, as bike currently sitting alongside a Sachs 650 (neither alarmed in my Office) spare room

anyway I found a use for the gash barrel after forking out £130 for a blipper at Glynn Hopkins Colchester Renault Dacia Dealers, that it is along with a key that also fits and opens my van door,wow some prevention for keeping your average scroat, ner do wells,whom we all, honest folk, must help sponsor, now powers the Atlantic via barrel key and wired into the loom.

Best get some spares cut, as I had an occassion with my old Atlantic keys, when launching a newly restored Fireball Dinghy heard a plop sound, but had gone there in my car, forgot the Ape keys were in my pocket.

When attempting later to go out on that modular type scoot no keys, even wondered if absent mindedly they were under the locked seat, nope when breakoing into that , 3 days later with the reservoir water level lower, went to the sandy part,I launched my craft from there, after a wade around spied under water my scoot keys in the water, an emersion later in vinegar they wereas sound as a pound, that the only glitch in any form I had with that scoot over 9+years, and what no b alarm either.

LauriHaapala

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2019, 16:26:34 »

And power is back, new wire harness is as bad as old one. AND I managed to get first fault code! LED gives one long blink and then it flashes twice. After that it stays lit.

Immo can't detect the key, I assume.

New Immo-ECU-key set came with one grey key only, so we are lacking the brown master key. Is it possible to program a new key?
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Old Timer

Fylde Coast

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2019, 18:36:45 »

One long followed by 2 short is key programmed but not detected. This is usually the pickup aerial that surrounds the ignition barrel has failed. 3 short flashes would be transponder not recognised which is a worse situation.
Try a new aerial but if that doesn't sort it then the decoder has failed. This can be replaced with a brand new one but without a master key you are unable to program it to recognise the key you have. Hope an aerial sorts it!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: