X9 Owners & Riders Club
December 19, 2018, 04:18:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Also new member approval emails are not being sent, so keep trying to log on with the credentials you entered. Try again after 24hrs and if approved it should work.

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Ramp  (Read 569 times)
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Stunt Rider

Fylde Coast

« on: August 10, 2018, 19:47:49 »

I had a joist and some thick new floorboards left from re-building the conservatory floor so I made a ramp to put the bikes up on when working on them. It's only 10 inches high but it makes a big difference. The X9 pushes up fairly easily then use the electric stand to prop it up. There is an extension piece that comes off so the rear wheel can be in free air if you reverse it up or the front if you push it up normally. I used it to fit some nice chromed Honda rear shockers but they are 290mm long which is 20mm longer than standard and although it looks and rides nice, they make the seat a bit tall so will probably be changed for lower ones. They weren't expensive and came from Germany in 4 days.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MaxEqRBLRnmhyG8Q8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PPSH7uQxWkkssuKP8

'04 X9 500 Evo in YELLOW - LED's, K&N, twin lights, bleepers...
'68 NSS300 Forza in Crescent Blue
Peter T
Rider for the Ride
Provisional

Cumbria

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 20:21:05 »

Good thinking. Like a balance beam for bikes.

2002 X9 250SL (Ernie) 2004 X9 250 Evo (Eric) GSXF600 Pulse Lightspeed 125 strewn about the garage in bits stinking the place out.
Derek
Old Fart
Stunt Rider

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:04:54 »

Looks good Dave, do you secure it 'just in case'

When I was a kid and wanted to be older, this $hit was not what I expected

FuocoRider.co.uk
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Stunt Rider

Fylde Coast

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 09:38:01 »

I didn't as it sat on the centre stand as if it was on the ground. I suppose a chock under the front wheel wouldn't go amiss or a way to lock the centre stand down woudn't be a bad idea so it doesn't rock off it.

'04 X9 500 Evo in YELLOW - LED's, K&N, twin lights, bleepers...
'68 NSS300 Forza in Crescent Blue
allen m
Provisional

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 13:33:33 »

Hi Dave
I could use something like that to change the belt on my X9 Evo. I had similar years ago but long since gone. With the bike on the floor I think if I get (fall) down I won't get up again.
However I am going to cheat, I have found a local independent garage who do bike and car work who, subject to no problems, will change it for about £30.
Worth it to reduce the strain on my 77 year old joints.
Regards
Allen Morgan

Allen Morgan. First time scooter rider (X9 Evo 125cc Imperial Blue 2006 reg) since January 2014 after being on Bikes from 50cc to 650cc since 1958 (and cars since 1962).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: