X9 Owners & Riders Club
March 29, 2024, 07:15:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Blast to Belfast!  (Read 8538 times)
chippyzip
Cafe Racer

« on: June 18, 2018, 16:22:46 »

Hi,

Spent the weekend travelling to Belfast for WVD 2018 at the Titanic quarter. I travelled via Birminham up the M6 over to Wales, and stayed for the night at my brothers place before moving on to Holyhead. Then on the other side, travelled through Dublin, and onto Belfast. The scooter never missed a beat despite being fully loaded with panniers and the top box and underseat area full!

Had a great time there, thinking I was the only X10 there, although apart from loads and loads of Vespa's in all shapes and sizes, there were MP3's, Lambretta's and a couple of Harleys!

However, coming back on the ferry, I noticed another X10! the bloke and his missus were from Dudley, and like me, agreed that the X10 is useless at trying to reverse the thing, and is really heavy, tring to manovere at slow speeds!

Great weekend, and good company, looking forward to the next WVD in Hungary!

Graham 

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
Techno
Full Cat A

ZX10R, XJR1300, X10

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 11:46:21 »

Nice pictures, glad you enjoyed the trip. 
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Stunt Rider

Ural cT sidecar outfit

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 18:12:26 »

X10 is >2 metres long and 200 kg, before you start loading it up, so yeah. And I agree about paddling it backwards.

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: