X9 Owners & Riders Club
July 23, 2018, 17:36:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The DONATE button below isn't working since the server move. To donate use the one on the web pages. Thanks.
The recent crash has means restoring from backup as of Saturday evening 14th July so posts on Sunday morning may be missing. The fault developed around noon on Sunday.

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: promise of a comfy ride??  (Read 2650 times)
chippyzip
Provisional

« on: March 10, 2017, 19:34:38 »

Anyone tried/got one of these on their X10? I'm interested to see how you fit the thing? I guess you have to remove the existing seat cover and replace it with this, but I wonder if the lumbar support has to be removed ??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z8YEA54/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

Graham 

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
Expat47
Provisional

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 06:26:21 »

Ah... the guy modifies YOUR seat & if you go this route you'll be without a seat for 3 to 5 weeks and if the guy screws up your seat is gone!

Have you looked into Piaggio's gel seat? It's a bit pricey (and I've never seen one in person) but it may be a better choice. 
Then, some of the guys in the US have been real happy with one of these http://www.airhawk.co.uk//.

--
C'you,
Don
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Stunt Rider

Fylde Coast

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 09:19:14 »

Adding a little square gel pack won't do a lot, their main improvement is in the quality of the stitched and embroidered cover, which is what Tourtec used to mainly do.
If you want to retain that unmodified look but gain comfort adding a larger gel or an air filled pad (with extended air filler tube) under a standard vinyl cover, then it might be possible to unpick the staples on your existing cover, cut out a slight recess in the stock foam and insert the new pad then re-apply the cover and re-staple it.
The only problem with using airhawks or similar used as designed externally, is they get wet and are difficult to dry, or get nicked, so you have to constantly remove and hide them when parked.
If you don't think your existing cover is up to being re-used, then does any of the DIY cover suppliers (on Ebay) do X10 ones like they do X9, as there is a lot of surplus material to allow for extra thickness padding, and they aren't to difficult to fit, just a bit fiddly.

'04 X9 500 Evo in YELLOW - LED's, K&N, twin lights, bleepers...
'12 NC700D Integra in Cherry Red, K&N, panniers, bleepers...
chippyzip
Provisional

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 11:42:26 »

Fowlers do a genuine gel seat for £205 which unlike the one I showed on Amazon offers a gel for both rider and passenger, plus I'll keep my old seat as a spare! Seems a better bargain than the other one, and anyhow, I didn't fancy handing over my old seat..
 https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/605657M0EM?gclid=Cj0KEQiA3Y7GBRD29f-7kYuO1-ABEiQAodAvwF_5ZGyhN8BxoV6zgmSPyea8B73dd-73vvIgbANewfEaArwd8P8HAQ

Graham

Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

X10 350ie Executive & Ural cT

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 14:15:54 »

I'm a bit bemused, I have no problem with my stock seat, it's one of the most comfortable I've ever used

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 17:53:30 »

Same here. The Guzzi was not so comfortable as it should have been until we changed to Hagon Nitro rear shocks and it became brilliant. (It also became less likely to tramline on the front when the tyre got a bit worn).

How are your rear shocks performing and how are they set?

2013 Piaggio X10 350: 1999 Moto Guzzi California Special 1100: 2003 VW T4 custom dive bus known as "Turbo Turtle"
chippyzip
Provisional

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 11:33:44 »

My rear shocks are set just so, but I have a sciatica type problem in my left leg, and after about an hours riding, it becomes painful, so I thought that this seat would help a lot. I'm not too keen on the airhawk pad, as that can easily get lost/nicked, and for what they are, pretty expensive..
Graham 

chippyzip
Provisional

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 11:37:57 »

Fowlers do a genuine gel seat for £205 which unlike the one I showed on Amazon offers a gel for both rider and passenger, plus I'll keep my old seat as a spare! Seems a better bargain than the other one, and anyhow, I didn't fancy handing over my old seat..
 https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/605657M0EM?gclid=Cj0KEQiA3Y7GBRD29f-7kYuO1-ABEiQAodAvwF_5ZGyhN8BxoV6zgmSPyea8B73dd-73vvIgbANewfEaArwd8P8HAQ

Just read that offer again, and in small print it says EX VAT, so that turns out quite expensive, however found another one here that INCLUDES VAT... Much better!  http://www.scootercrazy.com/acatalog/blcack-piaggio-x10-comfort-seat.html

Graham

Graham

Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

X10 350ie Executive & Ural cT

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 19:19:48 »

Ah I see!

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: