X9 Owners & Riders Club
October 20, 2018, 07:02:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The DONATE button below isn't working since the server move. To donate towards hosting costs please use the one on the web pages.

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugger, Italian monkey metal!  (Read 2017 times)
chippyzip
Provisional

« on: February 26, 2017, 12:27:38 »

During my service and tyre change ( changed to Michelin city grips front and rear) I noticed that the parking brake pads were worn, although the rear brake pads were fine, I decided to order both and keep them in stock.

I'm now in the process of trying to remove the parking brake pads, I've got one of the bolts out, but the other -no go.. The internal Hex bolt must be made of butter, as try as I can, I just cannot get the damm bolt out! Anyone know of any tips to get the bloody thing out!!

Graham 

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

X10 350ie Executive & Ural cT

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 13:51:14 »

If you mean the two Allen screws that are the retaining pins for the pads, these are invariably put in with some sort of blue locking compound stuff, literally looks like blue paint, and can be a total swine to undo. Have you rounded off the hex? If so I think it's bu99ered.

NB also remove all the other caliper pads Allen retaining screws, will also have the blue locking stuff on them. Undo ASAP and apply copper grease to the threads. (May have been done before if pads were removed previously.)

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
chippyzip
Provisional

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 17:03:40 »

I might have to resort to drilling it out if I can't find any other way.. Looks like I have to find a pair of nuts to replace them as well!

Graham 

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: