X9 Owners & Riders Club
May 22, 2022, 19:20:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X7 sold  (Read 9907 times)
pathfinder

« on: February 12, 2017, 12:07:04 »

I have sold my X7 250, hopefully to a good home, and have decided to stay with geared motorcycles.
It may be of interest to members that the reason I tried twist-and-go was increasing problems with my hands ( and joints generally).
I decided to come off the statins/beta blockers as I suspected them of being the cause and not believing that I had a heart problem (low cholesterol, low blood pressure, good treadmill test results, good general fitness etc)
The outcome is that my joint problems largely evaporated.
Could not fault the X7, other than my lack of confidence in small wheels in the wet.
Best wishes to all on the forum.
Malcolm.
spannerman
Stunt Rider

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:42:15 »

Malcolm,
Try a Honda NC DCT bike, all the benefits of auto transmission and 4 different types, 2 Adventures, a roadster and Integra scooter.
I do think that a cock-tale of drugs taken each day does ruin the bodies own immune system over time. Hopefully you've done the right thing.
Regards
Spanners.   

Dave Weller, Chatham
NC750S 2016. FJS600. Silverwing 2010.
Gav
Cafe Racer

Suffolk

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 18:08:38 »

Try being on 20 pills a day including statins. I have had problems with arm /hand rights and left ankle (caught under a Jap electric start as an avoidence manouvre meant dropping the bike)after two consequetive accidents way back in the 1970s and as a result of an off from my Aprilia Futura last year, with my right leg trapped under it before it came to a halt, some helpers lifted it off me and over an hour later the promised but false start ambulance arrived.
After arriving at Colchester General 3 crash teams(it would have been four if I wasnt talking)a cat scan and 3 xrays there were no breakages but I had to have surgery on my knee.
After getting the 16 stitches out and the consultant saying he wasnt surprised I felt like I'd been hit by a locomotive as apparantly I was very pale so anew prescription of iron pills was added , which I stilll take.
I had been put back on warfarin some while ago due to an irregular heartbeat, then had a cardio version followed by a pace maker defibrillator, but again was not allowed to drive for 4 weeks just like after my first coronary two decades ago, 3 x 2 lots of stents, a triple bypass and so on, so I had bought an electric assisted bike.
After the accident I ventured out on my Aprilia Atlantic 500 and it felt really skittish on freshly chipped roads and t'was quite blowy but my leg was painfull and I get wrist pump even now after not too many miles.

As a result I now have 3 Italian VTwin 1000s on Fleabay as well as 250 Skyteam also badged V Raptor(to the Chagrin of a Cagiva rider at a Great Bentley evening meet I went to on it) as are the two Cagivas (influenced by the Bentley guy)those bought since the Aprila Futura insurance settlement.
I may however cheat and tow the Atlantic on my bike trailer to Mundesley as I am supposed to be doing a Scottish tour the following week and despite silly folk saying I am too old for bikes at 65, I consdider myself lucky to still be able to ride em.

Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Stunt Rider

Ural cT sidecar outfit

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 19:08:22 »

Bluddy hell 

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:03:43 »

Hell, Gav, that was a rough session. Get better soon.
Malcolm.
Whatsisname

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 02:03:15 »

Try being on 20 pills a day including statins. ... I may however cheat and tow the Atlantic on my bike trailer to Mundesley as I am supposed to be doing a Scottish tour the following week and despite silly folk saying I am too old for bikes at 65, I consdider myself lucky to still be able to ride em.

That's not old! I'm not long finished reading "Old Man on a Bike" by a chap in his seventies who rode the length of South America.

From Amazon...
"Simon Gandolfi has never been one to grow old gracefully and following two heart attacks he decides not to rest up, as many might, but to ride the length of Hispanic America on a 125cc motorbike. And why not?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: