X9 Owners & Riders Club
October 20, 2018, 07:21:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The DONATE button below isn't working since the server move. To donate towards hosting costs please use the one on the web pages.

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator Beepers??  (Read 2883 times)
chippyzip
Provisional

« on: February 09, 2017, 21:02:28 »

When I had my GTS, a few years ago, I put a indicator beeper in the knee pad, along with a 12v power supply. Now I know that the X10 has a 12v power supply, but is there a way of fitting an indicator beeper, and whats the best place to put it?!
Mind you, I'm having problems trying to do the headlight mod ( see thread) so I'm not sure if this way out of my league!! 

Graham 

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
roadster
Provisional

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 09:17:31 »

Simplest way to achieve this is to buy two beepers from Maplins or Ebay and wire one to each side of the indicators completely independently. Locate them in the body work wherever its convenient ( possibly just under the screen ). Its usually quite easy to work out which of the wires to the bulbs is the live one by comparing the wire colours but you can check this with a meter. You will also need an earth point for each beeper. Its quite possible to use one beeper with a couple of diodes but why complicate things?
Actually the X10 is the first Piaggio which I didn't do this on because I found the central warning light was quite bright and always within my peripheral vision. The Kymco has a sensible flasher unit which clicks loudly and I was tempted to get one for my Triumph until I found the price of Kymco spares.
Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 10:19:03 »

Ebay keeps pushing this to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191516017713?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not sure if it's correct and knowing Piaggio you'll need to dismantle the whole bike to fit it (considering one for the guzzi as the indicator light is so small & I know it'd take me about 10 minutes to fit).

2013 Piaggio X10 350: 1999 Moto Guzzi California Special 1100: 2003 VW T4 custom dive bus known as "Turbo Turtle"
chippyzip
Provisional

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 13:36:51 »

Ebay keeps pushing this to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191516017713?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not sure if it's correct and knowing Piaggio you'll need to dismantle the whole bike to fit it (considering one for the guzzi as the indicator light is so small & I know it'd take me about 10 minutes to fit).

Interesting thought, but I have no idea where this will go!

Graham

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 17:44:00 »

Interesting thought, but I have no idea where this will go!

Graham

In place of the existing relay?

2013 Piaggio X10 350: 1999 Moto Guzzi California Special 1100: 2003 VW T4 custom dive bus known as "Turbo Turtle"
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

X10 350ie Executive & Ural cT

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 23:16:41 »

Simplest way to achieve this is to buy two beepers from Maplins or Ebay and wire one to each side of the indicators completely independently. Locate them in the body work wherever its convenient ( possibly just under the screen ).

Yes.

Only slight prob is they'll be squeaking all the time if you use the hazards switch.

Ergo I'd think about contriving a way to use the opposite lamp as an earth path, that way they remain silent in hazard flasher mode. Requires 2 buzzers + 2 diodes, or could be done with one and a bridge rectifier. But starts getting complicated.

Actually the X10 is the first Piaggio which I didn't do this on because I found the central warning light was quite bright and always within my peripheral vision.

Again yes. Only been caught out once. I think.

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 11:11:57 »

You could always mount an additional (led?) light somewhere where you're more likely to see it.

(Strange effect: a light placed near the edge of the screen can be made to travel round it, as I found out when I cut the guzzi screen down and bevelled it)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: