X9 Owners & Riders Club
October 20, 2018, 06:40:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The DONATE button below isn't working since the server move. To donate towards hosting costs please use the one on the web pages.

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saddle lock  (Read 4378 times)
Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« on: November 11, 2016, 17:31:23 »

Can the saddle actually be locked?

Mine'll open on the "unlock" button even if the key is out.

Any valuables have to go in the top box.

Nigel
2013 X10 350

2013 Piaggio X10 350: 1999 Moto Guzzi California Special 1100: 2003 VW T4 custom dive bus known as "Turbo Turtle"
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

X10 350ie Executive & Ural cT

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 23:30:13 »

You have to lock the steering for that to work. Turn handlebars full left, then can turn key fully anti-clockwise. (Key slot ends up horizontal.) I'm sure Piaggio did that on purpose to MAKE you lock the steering before leaving the bike. Else everything else is also unlocked, including the flip-down 'luggage' hatch below handlebars, where the toolkit lives and the fuel flap & saddle manual release levers are.

HTH

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 09:26:25 »

Thanks Mike.

I've never been too keen on steering locks since I had to drill one out.

2013 Piaggio X10 350: 1999 Moto Guzzi California Special 1100: 2003 VW T4 custom dive bus known as "Turbo Turtle"
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 16:15:31 »

Know what you mean, but as this is incorporated in the ignition lock, I imagine it's a bit different.

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.
Trickygee
Provisional

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 09:19:02 »

You should get in the habit of putting steering lock on makes it less easy to pinch I put mine on even when I pay for petrol maybe it's cos I'm a Londoner but the harder you make it your less likely to lose it as most scooter theft is oppurtunist all it takes is to be quickly pushed around a corner where a thieving fooker can work his magic out of sight or lift into a van never to be seen by the eye of a clean soul again.
It's pretty much the same as not pressing the fob when you get out of the car it won't start but the world and his wife can still rummage through your boot I've never had a problem with a failing steering lock on a piaggio as of yet only the cable for the flap, I can remember the days of that lock on the headstock now I know why your not keen  but alls good plus you can't lock the keys underseat before you walk away 

MP3 300ie LT
Xevo 125
X9 Evo 125
Runner Sp 125
Expat47
Provisional

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 14:26:46 »

but alls good plus you can't lock the keys underseat before you walk away 

I did that TWICE - both times on the other side of town! Such fun! It got a lot of laughs from my buddies.

--
C'you,
Don
chippyzip
Provisional

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 08:54:43 »

You should get in the habit of putting steering lock on makes it less easy to pinch I put mine on even when I pay for petrol maybe it's cos I'm a Londoner but the harder you make it your less likely to lose it as most scooter theft is oppurtunist all it takes is to be quickly pushed around a corner where a thieving fooker can work his magic out of sight or lift into a van never to be seen by the eye of a clean soul again.

I'd love to see someone try and lift my X10- It weighs a bloody ton!!
Graham

Piaggio X10 500cc executive
Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 12:51:55 »

Only needs four fit blokes.

Just thought of something, if you don't use its steering lock, and something does go wrong, insurers could try to use that as a cop-out. Like leaving a car with the doors unlocked.

Noggin the Nog
Provisional

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 14:14:29 »

Only needs four fit blokes.

Just thought of something, if you don't use its steering lock, and something does go wrong, insurers could try to use that as a cop-out. Like leaving a car with the doors unlocked.

They never asked about it, although they did ask if there was an immobiliser or alarm. I do use it now though, after some initial reluctance as I value the storage space under the seat.

It'd normally be off street behind two seven foot high padlocked solid wood gates but they concluded that still constituted being parked on the drive, overnight.
Go figure.

Mike H
Rider for the Ride
Cafe Racer

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 12:54:45 »

Well yes, has to be some sort of standard I suppose, kept outside, but not parked on the road, = 'driveway'.

I do not have a garage but if I did most likely wouldn't say so, still say it's parked on driveway overnight.

Reason is, you say will be kept in garage, you've just washed it outside on the driveway, pop indoors for 5 minutes to make a cuppa, it's nicked while you're gone, not covered.

You tell them it will be chained up whenever it's parked, one time you forget or can't be asked for just 5 minutes while you nip into a shop, it's nicked, not covered.

And so on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: