X9 Owners & Riders Club
June 28, 2022, 02:54:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 3612 times)
tk421

« on: November 23, 2013, 15:24:24 »

Hi Guys,
    Apologies for my last post asking about a fuse, yep, had look and it was a fuse which I replaced. dash light and underseat light now working . Got another question though. Is it possible to buy a replacement printed circuit for the clocks on an X8. I had an issue were both my indicator dash light and speedo light where flashing at the same time. Instead of asking daft questions ::::, I dived in. Couldn't find any tips in the manual so I stripped the fairing down, checked bulbs, all good, checked fuses   all good. Had to get a mechanic out who noticed that the earth part of the circuit was shot and did a repair job which sorted the issue but he suggested I look into getting a replacement circuit. I must admit, I'm well fond of my X8 but the circuit set up ain't fantastic and really exposed.
Cheers all.
poldark
Stunt Rider

St Albans, Herts

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 15:35:41 »

Italian waterproofing would fail before a paper bag in a scientific test I reckon!

Pretty sure some folk previously have used silicon to help seal some of the weak spots but IIRC you need to be very sure everything is dry inside before just sealing in moisture.

Perhaps keep a watch on EBay for a complete dash replacement that you could work on and have ready as a swapout should your repaired unit fail again - suspect they won't be too cheap though.

Honda NC750X DCT ('17)
tk421

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 16:00:30 »

Thanks for that, I'll take a look on Ebay for a used unit, totally agree, I would imagine that a new complete unit replacement would cost megga bucks.
tk421

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 19:20:07 »

Hi guys, managed to stumble across a brand new set of clocks on the net, £40 due to one lug being snapped, SUPERB ! will salvage the new circuit and swap the bulbs. Might look into the silicon idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: