X9 Owners & Riders Club
April 19, 2024, 05:05:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrow Exhaust  (Read 3735 times)
roadster
Cafe Racer

« on: October 31, 2013, 16:26:55 »

I've just fitted an Arrow stainless exhaust system. I have uploaded a couple of pictures to the gallery and if/when they appear I'll link them in.

They're in this album but look a bit dark in the browser - updates pending:-
http://www.x9gallery.co.uk/home/thumbnails.php?album=127

Even with the DB killer baffle provided its a bit louder than the stock system. Without the baffle it is embarrassingly loud and a constant reminder that the engine never wants to run below 5000 rpm.

Before fitting it I recorded the track of a fixed route with a couple of long hill climbs via GPS. I'll do a repeat for comparison as soon as its practical. My feeling is it will be no faster but it does save a couple of kg.

Very easy to fit once the horrible deformed phosphor bronze standard manifold nuts have been wound off the studs in the cylinder head.

Regards Roadster
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:27:52 by roadster » Logged
roadster
Cafe Racer

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 16:45:35 »

First GPS test showed that performance was almost exactly the same as before but as the roads were wet I shall repeat this in dry conditions. It is noticeable that the traction control seems to be activated much more often so there may be better initial pick-up. Also it seemed that the engine was a little reluctant to go through 8000 rpm and keep going - even in favourable conditions. So I have made some modifications to the DB killer/baffle and there is a picture in the gallery.
http://www.x9gallery.co.uk/home/displayimage.php?album=127&pid=2718#top_display_media

This has brought back the high rpm performance without the noise being any louder. In fact the tone is deeper and more mellow than before. To make it permanent I have to try and make a decent brazed joint between mild and stainless steel - wish me luck!
Mr.Chips
Administrator
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 17:00:59 »

Yes indeed; Good Luck! 

Mike.
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU GT - HAL
When did you last read the Highway Code?
Now part of the NE England Chapter.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: