X9 Owners & Riders Club
April 19, 2024, 04:04:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CB250 2000 model.  (Read 8749 times)
spannerman
Stunt Rider

« on: February 28, 2012, 20:57:10 »

Some of you will have seen my little 234cc twin, Honda CB250, known as the nighthawk in the USA, I have been using this bike through the winter and find it a good ride. It has a low weight 138kgms and a low 29'' seat height. The thing that really surprises me is the low fuel consumption of 90-104 mpg.
 It is able to pull in top gear from 20mph, and gear changes are minimal. Another good point is how simple the bike is to service and how few parts make up the bike, so less to go wrong, or replace,
No radiator, water pipes, thermostat,electric fan and switch. temperature switch and gauge.
No fuel pump, fuel gauge,no injectors, ECU, immobilizer. The wiring loom is very simple to sort out should anything go wrong, I had to reconnect most of the wires when some scum bags cut through them before I brought it.
 It is a good bike if you can find one, a bit quicker than most 125's, it should manage 85mph on a good day.
I've been out on a NC700C today BTW, not over impressed with it.

Dave Weller, Chatham VespaGTS250, Royal Enfield 350 HNTR. NC750X
julian
Stunt Rider

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 21:58:38 »

Why?
spannerman
Stunt Rider

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:27:07 »

Julian
The NC700x engine uses many parts common to a Honda Jazz engine, it reaches maximum revs at about 6000, which should make it good for fuel economy, but they use a 6 speed gear box on the NC, when really 4 would be enough, the top 2 gears are very high and are overdrives. It may be solved when they bring in the auto models, but the Integra is to be marketed as a bike/scooter, it has a dummy petrol tank, real tank is under the seat, so the storage space is limited under the seat. The speedo console is very cheaply made, and I'm sure can be ripped off from its mounts easily. The ride is fine, it felt like a road biased Vstom 650. The engine is very smooth throughout the rev range, and speed is limited by the wind blast, the screen does not help on this bike as it's so small.

spannerman
Stunt Rider

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 17:10:48 »

Just seen this,
update, I brought an NC700X, sold it (and my S-Wing ), and now got a Deauville,
The CB250 passed the MOT today.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: