X9 Owners & Riders Club
March 29, 2024, 05:25:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought me an Xevo!  (Read 6888 times)
mrszymon
« on: October 25, 2011, 12:58:37 »

Really enjoying it so far!  59 plate, 7200 miles on the dial.  Am a little disappointed in the "off the line" acceleration - the S-Wing was *significantly* faster off the line - but anywhere 15mph upwards the acceleration is superb (and it's great at motorway speeds).  I think I have to get a bigger screen - goes straight into my face at motorway speeds - and a top box (not quite sure how the rack will fit but will work it out), but generally very happy :-)

-simon
poldark
Stunt Rider

St Albans, Herts

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 14:03:04 »

Congrats. 

Not sure how much you regularly carry and your need for a topbox, but I always found my X8 felt light at the front at speed and I'd be a tad worried about too much weight way back in a topbox.

My personal preference is underseat storage and bungeed waterproof bag on pillion seat - assumes of course that you're solo and not 2-up.

Honda NC750X DCT ('17)
mrszymon
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 14:15:21 »

Congrats. 

Not sure how much you regularly carry and your need for a topbox, but I always found my X8 felt light at the front at speed and I'd be a tad worried about too much weight way back in a topbox.

My personal preference is underseat storage and bungeed waterproof bag on pillion seat - assumes of course that you're solo and not 2-up.

So I need at least somewhere to store my helmet while I park the bike, my helmet doesn't fit in the boot and only just fits under the seat.  Also, I like to be able to take off my motorcycle trousers and jacket and leave those in the bike too, so a big 45L box should be just the ticket.  It probably won't be full much while actually riding, just a backpack or something (famous last words!  :-)

Has anyone fitted an Aerotrim (http://shop.heroblobs.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/aero-trim) to an Xevo?

-simon
jjprivate
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 15:29:27 »

Congrats. 

I noticed also that the handling and driveability in corners and curves increased a lot when I took off the big OEM topbox and rack and replaced them with a pillion bag ( Scooter bag, can be applied on the pillion seat or tunnel in case you ride 2-up )  that I bought from Louis

I lock my helmet with a bycicle cable lock to the passenger grips in case I dont want to carry it with me.
poldark
Stunt Rider

St Albans, Herts

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 16:27:47 »

So I need at least somewhere to store my helmet while I park the bike, my helmet doesn't fit in the boot and only just fits under the seat.  Also, I like to be able to take off my motorcycle trousers and jacket and leave those in the bike too, so a big 45L box should be just the ticket.  It probably won't be full much while actually riding, just a backpack or something (famous last words!  :-)
-simon

I must say the question of what helmet fitted into an X8/Xevo used to be a regular post, I had an HJC full face and had no issue putting it in the "boot".  Do you have a second helmet or if not when you next buy a replacement it'll be worth checking as it sure makes it easier if it does fit in.  I take it you've tried inserting from every conceivable angle (oh err) as you do need to slide it in at an angle!!

I had the larger Piaggio screen, the one that looks like a sail, it was effective but I (like many) did have to trim it down about 3-4 inches to be safe.  Sure there's some Piaggio disclaimer about using it above 50mph or something daft.  But it is the best option as adding bits to the standard screen won't make up for it being too short in the first place IMHO.

Or as Loony has posted elsewhere get the Givi option.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 17:01:53 by poldark » Logged

Honda NC750X DCT ('17)
Mr.Chips
Administrator
Old Timer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 16:46:39 »

Invest in a PacSafe Lidsafe bag - not cheap but secure.

Mike.
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU GT - HAL
When did you last read the Highway Code?
Now part of the NE England Chapter.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
joyce
Old Timer

"Matron from Cheshire"

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 17:15:55 »

If you do go for the box make sure you get some heavy bar ends, they will help to stabilize the bike. When you bought the piaggio box for the X9 they provided you with the bar ends - I don't know if they do the same with the Xevo.

Sym MAXSYM 400i
I get so lost even my GPS asks 'where are we?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: