X9 Owners & Riders Club
April 25, 2024, 20:46:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XEvo 400 vs X7 Evo 300!  (Read 5805 times)
Dobest
« on: May 06, 2010, 21:48:33 »

Hello
It was a long story to get here. But thankfully I came here because the atmosphere is very pleasant ,with many topics to speak with passion about machines and with all to understand each other very well, looks like a big family. Thank you for receiving me.
I have a Vespa GTS Super 125 ie. I like her very much. But, is used for frequent travel over 160 kms on mountain roads with many curves. The Vespa makes the road very well, good braking, the engine has been a pleasant surprise and I can always run with constant speeds between 80 and 100 km/h. But the problem is on me! Besides having flyscreen (the small one) and full face helmet, I feel headaches, neck pain and the saddle is uncomfortable. Yeap, the aerodynamics is not the better point of my lovely GTS. Yeap, I need another scooter.
So, here we go with my dilema.
I have looking info about scooters, Honda, Yamaha, Kymco, Sym, Suzuki ... But always found some points that do not like them: brakes, suspension, design, much weight ... and, I don't know why, return all the time to the Piaggio family:
- GP 800: out of question, muuuuccchhh power for me (sorry )
- Nexus 500: almost out of question, the rear are much naked for me, the front is beautiful (sorry )
Remains the Xevo 400 and the X7Evo 300.
About Xevo, I can't found a good test on the web and the info are some times different. For example the real weight, some ones says 198 kgs and Piaggio refers arround 175 kgs. But the idea is always around god opinions about the Xevo.
About the X7Evo I found a good test come from a scooter review here in Portugal. They love the torque and the space for luggage, but says some negative point about comfort, the suspension could be better and the space for pilot is small. But the numbers come out form the test are awesome! Please, take a look:
0-50 mts: 4.8 seconds
0-100 mts: 7.2 seconds
0-1000 mts: 34.6 seconds
0-40 kms/h: 2.5 seconds
0-100 kms/h: 11.2 seconds
Max Speed: 132 kms/h
The same review shows the values from the Honda SW-T 400 and Yamaha Majesty 400 ABS and they have more max speed, around 170 kms/h, but they are slower on other parameters.
Well, I think the values for Xevo 400 are better than the X7 Evo, more torque and more bhps.
I've sat on refereed Piaggio scooters and saw the XEvo screen quit far way from rider and fear that does not give good aerodynamic protection. The X7 screen is closer the rider.
Other issue! I only can ride on the X7 Evo 300. The dealer let me ride one, but I can't make a road test on Xevo 400.
So, can someone talk with me about my thoughts and yours experiences, please? The best and the worst points (if they exist)?
Sorry my very bad english

Cheers
Mr.Chips
Administrator
Old Timer

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 22:07:34 »

Your English is very good!
I don't think anyone here has much experience of the X7 but members with the Xevo 400 seem to love them.
Check the section in the forum for the Xevo.

Mike.
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU GT - HAL
When did you last read the Highway Code?
Now part of the NE England Chapter.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 22:21:55 »

I have ridden an X7 250 and although it was a good machine for the price, the XEvo is far nicer. The screen is noisy on the XEvo which is probably it's main bad point, but I have a feeling the X7 screen was similar, plus I remember that it looked strange looking through the X7 screen at close things when in traffic due to the curve of the screen, the optics were not good.

I am currently in Nice, France, on a conference and maxi-scooters are EVERYWHERE, though I've seen lots of X8's and XEvo's I have yet to see an X7, so perhaps that means something. 

You wouldn't be disappointed with choosing an XEvo 400 over the X7 300. I had an X8 400 for over a year and a half and decided I liked it so much I'd upgrade to the XEvo 400 which I got about 6 weeks ago. I love it. The 400 engine is both fast and economical.

Scooterless now :-(

ex- XEvo 400 owner
james_death
Cafe Racer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 23:49:43 »

Here is a x7 short review by uk motorcycle news paper,
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Piaggio/Piaggio-X7-250ie-2008-current/Piaggio/X7-250/_/R-EPI-116600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: