X9 Owners & Riders Club
April 30, 2024, 07:51:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New XEvo 400ie  (Read 107113 times)
Dave Milnes
Administrator
Old Timer

Fylde Coast

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2010, 08:14:13 »

Phone Fowlers and confirm the order status yourself. If they haven't got one in the post by the end of July then forget it until September. August is holiday month in Italy.

2004 X9 500 Evo in YELLOW - 2016 Maxsym 600i Sport
Anderton 2004, Pen-y-cae 2005, Matlock 2006, Hay on Wye 2007, Minehead 2008, St Florence 2010, Newent 2011, North Kyme 2012, Betsw-y-coed 2013, Hardraw 2014, Parkend 2015, Whitby 2016, Mundesley 2017, Derby 2018, Telford 2019, Loch Doon 2020, Cumbria 2021.
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2010, 09:49:49 »

sorry to hear that Kev. I hope you'll stay around here no matter what happens with your XEvo.

I expect I will not be going back to Palmers now. If I can't get my scoot to cheeky for it's service I'll be going to Maidenhead again I think, or maybe giving Geomoto a try.

Still happy with mine though, I don't do as many miles as you but mine is now on 3100 miles which is more mileage in the last 4 months than I've ever done in the same time frame. I have only taken the car to work about twice over the last four months. Had a brilliant commute in this morning, it was one of those days when everything goes right - green lights or correct timing for filtering all the way in. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Scooterless now :-(

ex- XEvo 400 owner
Kev
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2010, 16:10:42 »

Hi guys and gals - sorry i have not ben around for a while - the saga continues, still do not have the side panels that were broken - going to be Septmber some time now! - Still had trouble with fuel leaking when the bike was filled up (Even if i stopped at the first click) turns out to be a crack in the tank! - Then to cap my Piaggio nightmare off, i get rear ended on friday whilst waiting at a roundabout - Got whiplash to my back and neck but the bike surprising was not badly damaged.
I am convinced this bike is jinxed and as soon as the panels are done, i think i will be looking for another set of wheels.
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2010, 16:26:25 »

OMG!! I think you're right, that bike is JINXED. I'm so sorry you've had so much trouble with it (not that it's my fault but I've been very happy with mine so I feel kind of guilty weirdly!).

Cracked tank.... FFS!!! WHAT THE...???? I don't think I've ever heard a worse story!

I hope you feel better soon and you get everything sorted!! Yamaha Tmax perhaps???

ex- XEvo 400 owner
Kev
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2010, 16:36:52 »

May yet go back to a normal bike - not sure - I did like the Mana i rode, but i am thinking will i have all the same problems as it too is Itallian?? - Don't know Carmen what to do for the best, got to get this one straight first !
poldark
Stunt Rider

St Albans, Herts

« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2010, 17:06:21 »

May yet go back to a normal bike - not sure - I did like the Mana i rode, but i am thinking will i have all the same problems as it too is Itallian?? - Don't know Carmen what to do for the best, got to get this one straight first !

Aprilia have a pretty good overall reputation on bikes and certainly tend to use high quality components (Pegaso Strada is excellent all-rounder/commuter), although parts availability concerns seem to still surface from time to time, not sure if that's all old winges that maybe aren't now valid.

Honda NC750X DCT ('17)
Kev
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2010, 17:14:32 »

Well lets be honest Poldark - I surely could not do any worse - Could I ?????????
x9500 steve
Cafe Racer

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2010, 18:07:46 »

I had a shiver and it was never away from the dealers IMHO stay away from the mana

x7 125(for pottering about on)
Kev
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2010, 18:28:39 »

Hmmm - Looks like Jap again then !
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2010, 18:43:22 »

Honestly I would say get another XEvo because NOTHING can be worse than that - lightning doesn't strike etc.... but in your case, with your luck..hmmmm!

I'm annoyed as it's put paid to me telling people that everyone I know with an XEvo i happy with it . I guess there's always Lemon's out there!

ex- XEvo 400 owner
Kev
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2010, 19:11:30 »

Yes - I think if i had had the same experience as you Carmen things would be a lot different - but it s not just the problem side of things that has annoyed me, the parts back up is useless, no roadside assistance - Cripes, you get breakdown with any other new vehicle that is bought, When i bought the Majesty, i got a big pack of things come through the post from Yamaha explaining all the things that i could get and helpfull numbers if i had problems - From Piaggio Zip - Not even a welcome to your new bike letter - Customer service - Zero. 
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2010, 19:59:36 »

Didn't you get the Piaggio assist bumpf? Mind you that only allows one breakdown a year unless you pay extra.....

I didn't really bother too much as I'm in the AA anyway.

I did have some woman call me up from Piaggio doing a customer service satisfaction survey about how I found the purchase. She was asking questions about how I found the dealer, how helpful they were etc  She said they'd call me back to ask about how my first service went, even though at the time she called I'd already had the first service. I never heard again though.

ex- XEvo 400 owner
Kev
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2010, 20:05:03 »

Nope - i have had exactly nothing, Written or otherwise - perhaps they are afraid to call!!!! - Jeeez that would be an interesting conversation !!!
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2010, 20:13:19 »

Quite amazing since we bought our bikes from the same place at pretty much the same time!

ex- XEvo 400 owner
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:01 »

Here's some info about Piaggio assist here : http://www.piaggioinsurance.co.uk/breakdown-insurance.php

I am surprised you didn't get any info about it as I got the leaflet in with my manual etc.

A case for trading standards perhaps??  Watchdog??

ex- XEvo 400 owner
Kev
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2010, 16:02:59 »

Well my hand book and service book came in a Palmers plastic bag as they did not have any wallets so that was literally all i got - two books!
Thanks for the assist info Carmen, might just use it for the hell of it as it seems to be the only thing i am likely to get out of Piaggio!
barryG
Full Cat A

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2010, 19:39:01 »

Sad to hear that you are still unhappy. Ive had 4 brand new Piaggios, and never had any follow up on any one of them. No calls, nothing through the post and when Ive contacted Piaggio they always fob me off... dreadful company, but fun scooters

Personally, I would write a letter directly to the UK and Italian directors of Piaggio. Send it registered post and pont out everything thats happened. Tell them how unhappy you are and that you will post your grievences on open forums... be polite but firm and I bet something will happen. Ive done that twice, once to Fiat and once Nissan with fantastic results... got all my issues sorted and some cash into the bargain.
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:35 »

Well what a difference a few psi makes. I'd been thinking I wasn't as happy with the XEvo's handling as I normally am recently so checked the tyres at the weekend to find they were both about 5-10psi low...!! Pumped them up and what a difference. The XEvo is now far more chuckable and dependable in the corners, just like it should be - still very happy with it.  

I have some plans for it including some very nice high quality wavy discs supplied by Cheeky Tom and Dr Pulley sliders. I'm hoping to get it to Tom for it's 6000 service which is looking like early november- and get the new bits fitted then. I wouldn't normally bother with wavy discs but these seem very good, heat treated to toughen them up if sintered pads are used to reduce wear and at £90 for all three a bargain compared to Malossi wavy's at £94 EACH! Plus I'll get to keep the old discs as backups should I ever need them as they're hardly worn.

ex- XEvo 400 owner
spannerman
Stunt Rider

« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:27 »

Are Wavy Discs any better than the standard ones?
The standard ones always look good quality to me.

Dave Weller, Chatham VespaGTS250, Royal Enfield 350 HNTR. NC750X
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2010, 13:43:49 »

Well this is what Tom had to say about them on the GTS forum:

Quote from: CheekyThomas on GTS forum
Yes stainless, cut wavy and then blackened edges... then topped off with the best heat treating possible so they can run heavy sintered pads without being chewed up... but yes they are more expensive than i wouldve liked them to be, but it was the best he could do as there is 3 discs all in...

... and yes Malossi discs are £94 RRP EACH!!! which did make me feel a little bit better with £90 for 3.

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother - they do look nicer but I certainly wouldn't normally pay for something like this just for the looks, but having thought about it at bit I think it is a good deal plus it sounds like the wavy discs may take sintered pads better. Nothing wrong with the standard discs you're correct, the waves are mainly for looks, which  admittedly is next to pointless on the rear as it's hard to see.

However with a standard discs coming out at around £30 each for front and £38 for the rear, I can keep the current ones which will only have 6000 miles on them by the time I change as spares - or even sell them if I happen get rid of the bike before I need them, and have the advantage of the wavy look in the mean time.

ex- XEvo 400 owner
poldark
Stunt Rider

St Albans, Herts

« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2010, 14:41:00 »

Sounds a good idea and price, only thought is I remember my X8 used to lock-up the rear quite easily on braking, assuming the Xevo is similar do you not think better disc/pads on the rear may actually give you an issue with that?

Certainly very sensible upgrade for the front, provided you're checking your psi regularly  

Honda NC750X DCT ('17)
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2010, 15:58:30 »

- yes I need to check Psi more often!!

I've never locked the rear on the XEvo (and i had to brake hard a couple of times this morning....) but I did manage to once on the X8. I've sometimes noticed the rear feeling a little less than sharp but it might be me being too liberal with the ACF-50... I do use the rear brake alone an awful lot when filtering though.

ex- XEvo 400 owner
poldark
Stunt Rider

St Albans, Herts

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2010, 16:39:40 »

- yes I need to check Psi more often!!

I've never locked the rear on the XEvo (and i had to brake hard a couple of times this morning....) but I did manage to once on the X8. I've sometimes noticed the rear feeling a little less than sharp but it might be me being too liberal with the ACF-50... I do use the rear brake alone an awful lot when filtering though.
Well can't see any harm improving the rear response then, assuming the extra bite you'll have isn't too aggressive and you can simply be easier on the lever.

Honda NC750X DCT ('17)
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2010, 19:09:59 »

I've just seen these wavy discs on Barry's Nexus 500 that he's "pimping" wow. They look absolutely STUNNING on his scoot. Mind you with it's pimped gold/silver wheels it does them justice. Top notch stuff! 

ex- XEvo 400 owner
loonymoon
Stunt Rider

Ex- Xevo pilot

« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2010, 08:41:24 »

Booked in at Cheeky's for the 6000 service on 6th Nov. It might not quite be 6000 by then but shouldn't be far off.  I'm getting 3 x wavy discs + sintered pads all round, Dr Pulley sliders fitted, plus the service which includes belt and the Cheeky care and attention for a very good quote (the right side of £300) which will make the ride up there definitely worthwhile. Looking forward to it, just hope the weather is OK!

ex- XEvo 400 owner
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: