X9 Owners & Riders Club
March 05, 2021, 00:15:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now on the latest version server everything seems to be working OK, further investigation is needed to resolve what failed when trying to upgrade the forum before another attempt is made, so for now it will be left as it is.

Home   Help Website Gallery Login Register Donate  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X9 Project  (Read 68893 times)
onurx9
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 18:21:35 »

62 mph speed 17.49 sec    wow that seams Slow. thanks for the conversion for Us UK owners.

Yes but when I see the 62 mph on my original indicator, GPS show me 50 mph. So we can understand that the original indicator has a wrong show. Its show us 12.43 mph much more.
jimc
Club Elder
Old Timer

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 18:36:05 »

All x9 speedos over-estimate the speed, most massively so.  Only the 500SL speedo was within 5% - the rest are easily 10% out at some speeds.

Jim Crowther
GT200L (The Hornet), GTS300 (in CA)
X9-125-Evo
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 04:50:56 »

I think the best speed-O i seen is the digital ones like the bugmans 650, iv been told they read good.
jimc
Club Elder
Old Timer

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 07:23:19 »

They don't.  They are also optimistic.  They are also awful to read 'at a glance' subconsciously so the 650 owners tell me.

Jim Crowther
Big Ears
Administrator
Old Timer

I'm older than I think!

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 07:38:55 »

Agreed Jim!

Nice big numbers, easy to see ... but numbers! You actually have to "read" them - not just glance.

They are 10% "over" right across the range. The error can be fixed with a *Speedo Healer (Google), but that makes the mileometer misread.

*A little device that fits between the sender and the dash, which re-times the pulses. Price circa £80!! 

Colin
Silverwing Black Honda Silverwing 2013       IAM logo

Money may not make me happy, but it'll make being miserable more comfortable.
onurx9
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 17:46:52 »

Here is the new items.

The cleaning kit:

I think Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Wax is the best wax ever. I'll take the application photos

This is the Licence plate cover But if you come to Turkey, you can drive friends 

The stickers

Pure Water for my radiator.

Bonus:  :: ::

Hope you enjoy friends.
onurx9
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 17:52:18 »

And this is the weight of my J Costa variator's roller.

When I put 1 roller it show 15.2 grams. When I put 2 roller it show me 30.5 grams. So I roller has a weight of 15.25 grams.
evon610c
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 19:36:01 »

Excellent job onur congrat,

We are waiting for your bike's new performance after your parts have been put inside 

onurx9
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:43 »

Here is the new battery.

New and old battery 

New battery is 12 volt and 14 ah. The old battery was 12 volt and 12 ah. I used 14 ah because I will change the headlight with the xenon kit. 
mrcina
Piaggio X9 250 EVOLUTION
Cafe Racer

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 10:00:52 »

nice i have doing that on my x9.
i put xenon H7 on low beam and 14ah battery
onurx9
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 12:33:06 »

Hi friends. I put in J Costa variator last weekend. It's magnificent, fantastic and make my bike faster. Here are the loading photographs.

First we take the clutch. If you throw back the clutch it's easily dislocate.

That's the original variator and the J Costa variator. The left one which is original has 6 roller. J costa has 12 roller and they product the new technology.

The differance of two roller

J Costa has loaded. Lets try it with a Gilera Runner VXR 200 which has full loaded Malossi equipment

My friend drive my bike and I record the video. He drive because he is light weight then me.

First video: Piaggio X9 with J Costa variator vs Full Malossi loaded Gilera Runner VXR 200

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Piaggio-X9-250-Evolution_701689.htm

Second video: Stock Aprilia Sportcity 250 vs Full Malossi loaded Gilera Runner VXR 200 (Let's see the third bike )

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Aprilia-Sportcity-vs_701824.htm
jdb_freeheel
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 01:09:57 »

Looks great. Thanks for the pictures.

My local shop, while trying to figure out a fluctuating tachometer (no engine revs when this happens), is going to install the J Costa variator on my X9 500 evo. It currently has the old, original 6 weight variator. I'm hoping that performance will increase, as well as perhaps less noise (barking seal) from the belt.
X9-125-Evo
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 06:52:31 »

Well i have to say, Good Bike and Good Pictures there and a grate Video. To good to see  People keeping the X9 range alive.

Good work i say.
onurx9
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 07:23:06 »

Looks great. Thanks for the pictures.

My local shop, while trying to figure out a fluctuating tachometer (no engine revs when this happens), is going to install the J Costa variator on my X9 500 evo. It currently has the old, original 6 weight variator. I'm hoping that performance will increase, as well as perhaps less noise (barking seal) from the belt.

Hi. Thank you for your message. I heared that when you put in J costa to your 500cc scooter you can have 8 wheel horse power. And also it will have less noise. But I want to say that when I put in the J Costa it's sounds very very interesting. When the rpm goes to 8000 and I leave the gas rev going down and I heared a sound like a plane. Yes like a plane
I will take a video for this. Keep watching
onurx9
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 07:27:32 »

Well i have to say, Good Bike and Good Pictures there and a grate Video. To good to see  People keeping the X9 range alive.

Good work i say.

Hi Thank you for your message. I will put in the other items next week and will take new videos. I want to say that every X9 owner should experience this pleasure. Thank you friends.
onurx9
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 12:21:34 »

Stock Piaggio X9 250 Evolution 0-100 acceleration.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Stock-Piaggio-X9-250-0100_702582.htm

Piaggio X9 250 Evolution 0-100 acceleration with J Costa.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Piaggio-X9-250-0100-with_702581.htm

And this is the new sound after the J Costa variator...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/J-Costa-Variator-sound_702584.htm
jdb_freeheel
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 14:31:01 »

Interesting "plane" sound. I get my 500 back from the shop today so I'll be curious to see if my new J Costa sounds similar.

My mechanic called me yesterday and told me that the difference between the stock 6 weight variator and the J Costa variator is amazing. This was the first mod of this type they'd done. He took my 500 for a test ride yesterday afternoon and said it felt like a rocketship/motorbike from 25mph and up. He said he didn't notice much difference between 0-25.

I'm excited to see it for myself.

onurx9
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 15:29:21 »

Interesting "plane" sound. I get my 500 back from the shop today so I'll be curious to see if my new J Costa sounds similar.

My mechanic called me yesterday and told me that the difference between the stock 6 weight variator and the J Costa variator is amazing. This was the first mod of this type they'd done. He took my 500 for a test ride yesterday afternoon and said it felt like a rocketship/motorbike from 25mph and up. He said he didn't notice much difference between 0-25.

I'm excited to see it for myself.

I think if you buy Malossi kevlar belt and Polini clutch you can fell the difference between 0-25
jimc
Club Elder
Old Timer

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 17:31:16 »

Forget the "Malossi Kevlar Belt" - the Piaggio one *is* Kevlar, they just don't make a song and dance about it.  It's also cheaper...

Jim Crowther
jdb_freeheel
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 21:26:12 »

Got my 500 back today. The J Costa variator is soooo much better. I still use stock belts and stock clutch, but I am very pleased with the performance. It rides significantly smoother, the barking seal is minimized (not gone but mostly forgotten), and the pick up and really peppy  around 3000rpm and above.  I'm very happy with this mod.

-Josh
onurx9
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 22:13:26 »

Forget the "Malossi Kevlar Belt" - the Piaggio one *is* Kevlar, they just don't make a song and dance about it.  It's also cheaper...

We will use the belt with Nexus 500 which has use the same engine with X9 500. And I will tell you the changes

I think the original belt is warming when you drive higher rpm. I read from a web site that Malossi kevlar belt is durable then original.
onurx9
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 22:15:10 »

Got my 500 back today. The J Costa variator is soooo much better. I still use stock belts and stock clutch, but I am very pleased with the performance. It rides significantly smoother, the barking seal is minimized (not gone but mostly forgotten), and the pick up and really peppy  around 3000rpm and above.  I'm very happy with this mod.

-Josh

So we can say that "Thank you J Costa" 
jimc
Club Elder
Old Timer

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 22:35:21 »

I think the original belt is warming when you drive higher rpm. I read from a web site that Malossi kevlar belt is durable then original.
Don't believe everything on the Internet!  Malossi belts tend to shred with little notice, and rarely if ever last longer than the minimum expected from an OEM belt.

However, I expect they might be cheaper where you are then the originals - in which case they may make sense even if they have to be changed more often.

Jim Crowther
DaveW
Cafe Racer

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009, 16:55:48 »

I don't think I have read a more complete report on a project.
thanks for posting.

It is amazing what can be accomplished when you don't care who gets credit.
onurx9
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 17:21:05 »

Hi friends. Last weekend I finish the performance upgrade. Here are the photographs.

Here you can see the differance of Malossi filter and the original filter.

Later I putted the Malossi kevlar belt. The right one in the photo is Malossi belt.

And then me and my friends do the next operation. Thanks to my friends Sinan and Arda for the help.
The next operation is for malet. We tell malet but I don't know how to say in English The item is brake lever.

I stand at the right side

First I emery the brake lever.

Here is the result. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: